Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Keeping raw data private

Hi, I  am fairly new to power bi.  I work in real estate and I would like to share some of my dashboards on social media for marketing purposes.  However, I do not want anyone who uses the dashboards to have access to the raw data.  Is there a way to share the dashboards while preventing them from accessing the raw data?  If so, can someone explain how I can do this?

Hi @lduple4 ,

Glad you chose Power BI .Seeing that you mentioned publishing to social media, are you referring to using the publish to web feature?
When you use Publish to web, anyone on the Internet can view your published report or visual. Viewing requires no authentication. It includes viewing detail-level data that your reports aggregate. Before publishing a report, make sure it's okay for you to share the data and visualizations publicly. Don't publish confidential or proprietary information. If in doubt, check your organization's policies before publishing.

You can embed your content securely in an internal portal or website. Use the Embed or Embed in SharePoint Online options. These options ensure that all permissions and data security are enforced when your users view your internal data.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @lduple4 ,

Glad you chose Power BI .Seeing that you mentioned publishing to social media, are you referring to using the publish to web feature?
When you use Publish to web, anyone on the Internet can view your published report or visual. Viewing requires no authentication. It includes viewing detail-level data that your reports aggregate. Before publishing a report, make sure it's okay for you to share the data and visualizations publicly. Don't publish confidential or proprietary information. If in doubt, check your organization's policies before publishing.

You can embed your content securely in an internal portal or website. Use the Embed or Embed in SharePoint Online options. These options ensure that all permissions and data security are enforced when your users view your internal data.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

lduple4
Regular Visitor

Thanks Caitlyn,

So if I embed the content, the raw data would not be available to anyone that uses the dashboard?