Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issues with Sharepoint authentication and export

Hello Support, hope you guys can help with my issues:

1. When trying to connect to Sharepoint folder, it throws "we couldn't authenticate with the credentials provided". I tried clearing the global permissions, uninstalling and reinstalling (March 2023 version from Microsoft Store), changing the sign in to be directed to edge and chrome but this error still persists. Asked my colleagues to try and they are having the same issue as well.

2. Is there any option to obtain the "Analyze with Excel" export option to a flat table instead of pivottable?

Thank you.

Hi @jenogrincha 

For the first issue , I found some similar cases , you can refer to them .

Solved: We couldn't authenticate with the credential provi... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: We couldn't authenticate with the credentials prov... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: Sharepoint authentication error "We couldn't authe... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: SharePoint connection Error "We couldn't authentic... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: SharePoint data - We couldn't authenticate with th... - Microsoft Power BI Community

For the second issue , with Analyze in Excel, you can create an Excel workbook containing the entire dataset for a specific Power BI report and analyze that dataset in Excel using PivotTables, Pivot Charts, and other Excel features . So if you want to export a flat table , Analyze in Excel does not meet your needs. You may be able to achieve your needs by exporting visual data.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @jenogrincha 

For the first issue , I found some similar cases , you can refer to them .

Solved: We couldn't authenticate with the credential provi... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: We couldn't authenticate with the credentials prov... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: Sharepoint authentication error "We couldn't authe... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: SharePoint connection Error "We couldn't authentic... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: SharePoint data - We couldn't authenticate with th... - Microsoft Power BI Community

For the second issue , with Analyze in Excel, you can create an Excel workbook containing the entire dataset for a specific Power BI report and analyze that dataset in Excel using PivotTables, Pivot Charts, and other Excel features . So if you want to export a flat table , Analyze in Excel does not meet your needs. You may be able to achieve your needs by exporting visual data.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao