Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Issues with Date Behaviour in PBI Desktop

Morning,

Since the latest update I've noticed that the behaviour of date filters and slicers has been impacted and isn't performing as usual.

I've attached two screenshots - one from desktop, one from service - to highlight the issue I'm seeing.

MainlineData_0-1679591623390.png

Firstly this one above is from Desktop. As you can see from my measure, it should pull the first date from my date table - which using the relative filter underneath, should be 23/12/2022 - however my measure is starting a day later on 24/12/2022.

However Service, as seen below, this exact measure and date range combination are in sync - both saying 23/12/2022.

ex 2.PNG

**further details to this - the above example was an existing report which doesn't appear impacted. However if I try create report a new report in Service then I see the same issue as Desktop.

So for some reason, behaviour of dates in Desktop has been knocked off slightly since the latest update but this hasn't impacted Service.

I've also noticed that if I say have a Date Between slicer and a Relative Date slicer (giving users both options etc), even when edit interactions is enabled on both, the Date Between slicer will not change to match the Relative Date slicer range - whereas in Service this does happen.

MainlineData_2-1679591623393.png

Has anybody else seen this? I have found this issue occur across multiple datasets so isn't local to one file.

Before this latest update, the behaviour between Desktop and Service was identical.

Hi @MainlineData ,

I use the same version and it works normally both in Desktop and Service in my side.

vyanjiangmsft_1-1679642770692.png

vyanjiangmsft_0-1679642532046.png

Also hasn't received similar problem from others so far. I suggest you try to reinstall the Desktop or try to use other function like MIN.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

Comments
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @MainlineData ,

I use the same version and it works normally both in Desktop and Service in my side.

vyanjiangmsft_1-1679642770692.png

vyanjiangmsft_0-1679642532046.png

Also hasn't received similar problem from others so far. I suggest you try to reinstall the Desktop or try to use other function like MIN.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang