Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue with SharePoint.Files in Power Query

When you use [ApiVersion = 15] as an argument in SharePoint.Files in Power Query and the locale is not US, then you get errors like below:

error.PNG

There is no issue when you use [ApiVersion = 14], but what's the point of reverting back to old version?

Just to be clear, I'm in Australia, and we're using the DMY date format. I'm not doing any transformations -- I am getting those errors right after I connect to SharePoint (there's no step that transforms data types). I have not checked whether other SharePoint.* functions are affected -- have no interest in that.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @DMM

I tested in Power BI desktop version 2.79.5768.1082 64-bit (March 2020) but not able to reproduce the issue. Please run the same desktop version as ours then test again. 

q2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

DMM
Advocate I
Advocate I

@v-qiuyu-msft Unfortunately, that doesn't help.

I tried setting the locale of SharePoint to English (United States) and English (Australia) (not Austria) -- didn't help.

My Power BI application language is Windows default, and Windows language is English (United States). I tried setting Power BI application language explicitly to English (United States), that didn't help either. There's no option to set it to English (Australia) or similar, as far as I see.

A few people have kudoed my post -- clearly there must be some issue.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @DMM

I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu