Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue exporting data from Teams

We're experiencing issues with exporting Power BI data from Teams. The error message is:

"File couldn't be created. Executing the Query for the Export Data operation resulted in an error."

It's affecting some reports and not others, and I can't find a correlation with the affected/unaffected reports. It's affecting some reports in a specific workspace/Team and not others and the issue is occuring across multiple workspaces/Teams. The same issue happens on both desktop and web app, and the report settings for the affected reports are the same as the unaffected reports. Both normal tables and matrix tables are affected. 

I realise this is likely a Teams issue as the data can be exported from the PBI Service okay, but I wanted to post here to see if others are experiencing the same issue as the Teams "idea" board doesn't seem to be as active. It's very annoying as we have minimal Pro licenses in our organisation - almost everyone accesses their data through embedded reports in Teams.

Is anyone else having this issue or is it an "us" problem?

Hi @sonja_aberdeen 

I understand. May I know whether you have done some update operation for your Teams recently? Are these users with this issue using lastest version of Teams? 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Having the same issue here, starting from today. Happening on multiple different reports for multiple different users

We use an EM capacity for embedding in Teams. Seems fine when exporting data from the PBI service, and the same error reported only occurs when users are exporting from Teams.

For reference, my Teams version is 1.4.00.29469 (64-bit) but since it was updated back at the start of November, I feel this maybe isn't specifically a Teams issue and is more related to Power BI.

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @sonja_aberdeen 

I understand. May I know whether you have done some update operation for your Teams recently? Are these users with this issue using lastest version of Teams? 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

SC_C29

Hi @v-cazheng-msft.,

Thanks for your reply! I think @Anonymous is right in that it's likely a Power BI issue, as I've been checking with users what Teams versions they have and they're pretty much all different - here are a few:

1.3.00.28779 (64-bit)
1.4.00.29469 (64-bit)

1.4.00.31569 (64-bit)

Our IT department rolls out updates incrementally I believe.

I've just raised a support request with Microsoft so hopefully we'll hear back soon. I'll provide an update here when I can!

Thanks,

Sonja