Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Issue - Personal Gateway required for Azure database

Hi, why is a personal gateway being requested when accessing a sql database thats in azure. Once connected it also does not allow me to turn off the gateway option.

Basically if the report only has Azure SQL database, gateway is not quired to refresh the report since it is a cloud data source, see:

Power BI gateway personal mode to refresh Azure SQL DB data source? is it possible? 

For more details about Power BI personal gateway and Azure SQL database, refer the below documents:

1. Use personal gateways in Power BI 
  2. Securing the connection between Power BI and Azure SQL Database 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Basically if the report only has Azure SQL database, gateway is not quired to refresh the report since it is a cloud data source, see:

Power BI gateway personal mode to refresh Azure SQL DB data source? is it possible? 

For more details about Power BI personal gateway and Azure SQL database, refer the below documents:

1. Use personal gateways in Power BI 
  2. Securing the connection between Power BI and Azure SQL Database 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Renley

Hi, Correct. that is how I understand it. My problem is that even though this is how it is supposed to be it is not the case when I connect to my Azure SQL Database. I keep getting the gateway request/option.

Please help