Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Issue - Field search issue when writing DAX code

Hi,

Since the January version (IIRC) of Power BI Desktop for Report Server, looking for fields when writing DAX codes became a nightmare for me.

Since then it is standard operation that field nameparts are not found when I start typing. So I have to go through a table's all columns one by one in the list to reference the field I'm looking for. (or I could type the table name a column name manually)

The real pain starts when the table I'm referencing is so long that I cannot see the full column name:

ImreP_0-1658733497675.png

If I type ClientAct (this is how the column name continues), the above columns do not appear in the column list.

ImreP_1-1658733497405.png

Is it a known issue? Is is a bug or a feature? Is is possible to widen the UI element where the columns and measures appear when writing a DAX code?

Currently it is by design in Power BI Desktop as far as I know.

You can submit the requirement to ideas and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Currently it is by design in Power BI Desktop as far as I know.

You can submit the requirement to ideas and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li