Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Include mail-enabled groups in app Audience

We use mail-enabled groups for various things related to our premium tenant workspaces. I'm looking at Audiences today, and it doesn't look like I can add a mail-enabled group to an audience? I mean, I *can* add it and update the app, but then the group disappears from the audience. Thoughts?

I should add that we're using the particular group in question as an admin on the workspace, so I can see the audience content, but I can't see the one report that is permissioned only to my new audience.

Hi @MarkPalmberg 

I am so glad to hear that you have figured your issue out . I will chang the status to "Delivered" .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @MarkPalmberg 

I don't understand you mentioned " I can see the audience content, but I can't see the one report that is permissioned only to my new audience. "

I create an app in Premium capacity and add the mail-enabled group in the app . I add a user in the group , then I use the user account to sign in Power BI Service , I can see the app ( I don't have any permissions for this user except to share the app). I return to the app creator account , open the app , I can still see the mail-enabled group .

Ailsamsft_0-1662705091339.png

Best Regards,

MarkPalmberg
Kudo Collector

Thanks for the reply, @v-yetao1-msft . When I add a mail-enabled group to my new audience and hit the update app button, the group appears in the audience member list when the Successfully published window pops up and before I hit the Go to app button. But when I then navigate to my workspace and hit the Update app button to view the audience members in my new audience, the mail-enabled group I just added is gone; original members are still there.

MarkPalmberg
Kudo Collector

I think I figured this out, @v-yetao1-msft . Groups will *not* be displayed in an audience if they are already permissioned to the workspace in which the audience is being created. In my case, the group I'm trying to add is an admin on the workspace. So, even though the group initially shows up when I go to add it, it never actually shows up in the audience after that. I guess I missed that info in the documentation I was looking at. Makes sense but am not sure why the group ever showed up at all when adding it to the audience.

Thanks for your time!

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @MarkPalmberg 

I am so glad to hear that you have figured your issue out . I will chang the status to "Delivered" .

Best Regards,