Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Google Analytics Connector

I wanted to know if microsoft are planning to update the google analytics connector in Power BI. Connector does not work with the new google analytics update. 

Hi @Kieran_Ultra_23 

At the moment, I don't see the relevant update plan, you can follow the link below, which will update the new features in real time.

What's new in the latest Power BI update - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @Kieran_Ultra_23 

Did you meet some errors when you use google analytics connector in Power BI Desktop ?

Best Regards,

Kieran_Ultra_23
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft 

So pulling data in to Power BI from google data studio, the data does not match. From what i have read its due to the google analytics connector not working correctly since google analytics have been updated. Therefore i was wondering if Microsoft was planning to update the connector. 

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Kieran_Ultra_23 

At the moment, I don't see the relevant update plan, you can follow the link below, which will update the new features in real time.

What's new in the latest Power BI update - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

sambo345
Frequent Visitor

Yo, you can build your own connector following this blog: https://cooriedug.com/custom-ga4-power-bi-connector-setup/. Works the same as the 3rd party solutions except its free 🙂

QueryWhiz
Helper V

Hi @Kieran_Ultra_23 The 2.0 beta connector should be compatible now with it but still has some issues from what I've experienced. As a workaround, maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party tool. I've tried windsor.ai, supemetrics (which doesn't have PBI as a destination, so you first have to export to Google Sheets and then export to PBI) and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the GA4 connector in the data sources list:

GA4-1.png

After that, just grant access to your GA4 account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your G4 fields:

GA4-2.png

There just select the fields you need. Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png