Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Getting Error: DataSource.Error: Microsoft SQL: An error occurred while receiving the HTTP response

Hi, I am new to Power Bi. I want to connect power Bi to my Dynamics 365 Dataverse. I wanted to load an entity from my Dynamics and for that when i tried to Get Data using Dynamics 365(Dataverse), I am getting the below error:

DataSource.Error: Microsoft SQL: An error occurred while receiving the HTTP response to https://passmoregroup.crm4.dynamics.com/xrmservices/2011/organization.svc/web?SdkClientVersion=9.2.4.... This could be due to the service endpoint binding not using the HTTP protocol. This could also be due to an HTTP request context being aborted by the server (possibly due to the service shutting down). See server logs for more details.
RequestId: TDS;87fc0822-cc5b-4285-bbb2-2046be4c7d91;2
Time: 2022-09-06T08:55:50.9865925Z
Details:
DataSourceKind=CommonDataService
DataSourcePath=passmoregroup.crm4.dynamics.com
Message=An error occurred while receiving the HTTP response to https://passmoregroup.crm4.dynamics.com/xrmservices/2011/organization.svc/web?SdkClientVersion=9.2.4.... This could be due to the service endpoint binding not using the HTTP protocol. This could also be due to an HTTP request context being aborted by the server (possibly due to the service shutting down). See server logs for more details.
RequestId: TDS;87fc0822-cc5b-4285-bbb2-2046be4c7d91;2
Time: 2022-09-06T08:55:50.9865925Z
ErrorCode=-2146232060
Number=40000.

Can you please suggest what needs to be done.

Thanks,

Sharon
Class=16

Hi @Sharon_Passmore,

To make your connection successfully, you need fulfill the following prerequisites firstly.

• A Power Platform environment with the following privileges:
  • To access data in a table, you must have read privileges to the table.
  • To modify a table in make.powerapps.com, you must have a security role that includes maker privileges, such as system customizer or environment maker.
  • You must have the appropriate Power BI license to build and share Power BI reports.
  • To use the Dataverse connector, the Enable TDS endpoint setting must be enabled in your environment. More information: Manage feature settings

And there are two kinds of connectors you could use: Dataverse connector and Common Data Service(Legacy). For more details, you could refer to Create a Power BI report using the Dataverse connector - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs.

For troubleshoot, you could have a look at this official document as well: Create a Power BI report using the Dataverse connector - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Sharon_Passmore,

To make your connection successfully, you need fulfill the following prerequisites firstly.

• A Power Platform environment with the following privileges:
  • To access data in a table, you must have read privileges to the table.
  • To modify a table in make.powerapps.com, you must have a security role that includes maker privileges, such as system customizer or environment maker.
  • You must have the appropriate Power BI license to build and share Power BI reports.
  • To use the Dataverse connector, the Enable TDS endpoint setting must be enabled in your environment. More information: Manage feature settings

And there are two kinds of connectors you could use: Dataverse connector and Common Data Service(Legacy). For more details, you could refer to Create a Power BI report using the Dataverse connector - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs.

For troubleshoot, you could have a look at this official document as well: Create a Power BI report using the Dataverse connector - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

jgoraya

I'm also seeing the same issue against my organization's Dynamics instance.  Has there been any update to this issue?  Seems to only be an issue against larger datasets.