Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Gateway error in US Government: Firewall and proxy configurations may need to be changed.

I'm trying to install the on-premise data gateway and am running into an error when it trys to connect to sign in. 

My license is for the US Government environment.

The error says: "Ensure network access is functioning correctly. Firewall and proxy configurations may need to be changed."

I did some checking and the the ServiceBusSystemConnectivityModeString is set to "Https", is there a setting that needs to change to point to "app.powerbigov.us"

Full error text below: 

Connection to Azure Service Bus seems blocked.

To go through the network requirements, visit https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=838271.

Below is the stack trace:
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No such host is known
at System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)
at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)
at System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses(String hostNameOrAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect(String hostname, Int32 port)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayCore.HealthCheck.ServiceBusCheck.TcpClientCheck()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayCore.HealthCheck.HealthCheckAction.Run(Func`1 checkMethod)

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @roboskoog

As you are using US Government environment, I would suggest you create a support ticket to get dedicated support. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered