Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gateway Data Source Partially Online

Starting earlier this week, we randomly started having refresh failures on a dataset that was primarly using a Folder Data Source connection. After reviewing the datasource on the gateway, the Folder source shows being "Partially Online". When I refresh the data source status again, it will show "Online". I can then refresh the dataset on demand for a short time, but then it will default back to Partially Online after an extended period and fail the next scheduled refresh. Is this a known issue/bug??

Hi @fgjerryjackson 

This is a new feature as part of the v2 gw/datasource status in GW Admin Portal. If there's a gateway member that's not online in a cluster (even though the cluster itself is online), we'll mark the gateway and datasource status as partially online. 

If you are having problems with the refresh, please provide details of the error message.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @fgjerryjackson 

This is a new feature as part of the v2 gw/datasource status in GW Admin Portal. If there's a gateway member that's not online in a cluster (even though the cluster itself is online), we'll mark the gateway and datasource status as partially online. 

If you are having problems with the refresh, please provide details of the error message.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

rdnguyen
Helper V

The issue described seems similar to my case; this morning refresh failed; When I check gateway, all are online, but the datasource go through the gateway is partially online for some unknown reason.

wrosa85

The issue described seems similar to my case; refresh failed; When I check gateway, all are online, but the datasource go through the gateway is partially online for some unknown reason.

wgjunsay
Advocate I

Hello, what do you mean by "gateway member"? 

rdnguyen
Helper V

@wgjunsay gateway member means a gate joining in the gateway cluster (group)

MTLSorawit
Regular Visitor

Hello, 

I found this seem issue follow your described in blog.
Firstly, found have more alert refresh to run by schdule refresh.
Moreover, secound to check this status gateway to show partially online.

Please suggestion and comment support to me. How to check or solove this ?
@v-yetao1-msft 

Best regard,