Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Field parameters - Default sorting order resets When there is a drill down provided in the Visual!

Field parameters - Default sorting order resets When there is a drill down provided in the Visual (BUG).

"When incorporating a visual with applied field parameters and enabling drill-down functionality, an issue arises when attempting to sort a measure in ascending or descending order. It seems that each time parameters are modified, the sorting preference is reset. Is there a viable solution to address this issue?"

The sort does work proper if there is no drill down. But when applying drill down functionality and switching the field parameters, the sort is not working as required.

Addressing to this issue will be appreciated.

@Remo_ 
@Vedaprakash 

Hi  @Angads 

Which visual is this problem occurring on? Can you provide a sample for reference? What version of Desktop are you using for testing?

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi  @Angads 

Which visual is this problem occurring on? Can you provide a sample for reference? What version of Desktop are you using for testing?

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Angads
Frequent Visitor

Hi Ailsa Tao,

Sharing the SS for the mentioned case. I have used two measure in the field parameter. And there is two dimensions in x axis of the chart.
The First SS I have selected the required sorting. And in the second I have selecgted the sorting according to second measure.
But when i go back to first selection my default select is reset. You can check this in the third SS.
SS1SS1SS3SS3SS2SS2

PowerBI Version: 2.121.903.0 64-bit (September, 2023).

Thanks