Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Export with Filter

Hi, 

Is there currently an issue on Power BI as when I am trying to filter the page and export to PDF, the filters are not being included in the PDF and all the data is showing. 

Does anyone know when this will be resolved?

Thanks

Could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test. Test Power BI version: August 2022

When I have create a report with visuals and filter, it can be exported to PDF after filtering both in Power BI Dekstop and Power BI Service.

vyingjl_0-1661238971032.pngvyingjl_1-1661238991939.png

Whether consider provide some screenshots or .gif which could reproduce it about this issue.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
Rachel42
Regular Visitor

Yes, we are getting the same. 

When exporting to pdf, it is not keeping the current values from filters. Defaulting back to the orginal settings.

It's happening on multiple reoprts in multiple workspaces that were exporting fine on Friday.

I've tried updating Power BI desktop to the latest and republishing

I've verified we're using 'new' experiences on the workspace

and I've tried unchecking 'Allow users to change filter types'

But not helped 😞

Rachel42_0-1661174175775.png

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test. Test Power BI version: August 2022

When I have create a report with visuals and filter, it can be exported to PDF after filtering both in Power BI Dekstop and Power BI Service.

vyingjl_0-1661238971032.pngvyingjl_1-1661238991939.png

Whether consider provide some screenshots or .gif which could reproduce it about this issue.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

xh0050515
Advocate I

We are also facing the same issue since last few days. After selecting the filters, the data generates perfectly. But when exporting to pdf (or ppt), output pdf showing default values.

awright19
Frequent Visitor

Same problem here. There's another post with others having the same issue as well.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Export-to-PDF-or-PPT-always-takes-default-values/idi-p/27162...

Rachel42
Regular Visitor

Thanks for that link, other seem to have come to the same conclusion.

We are all finding that if you uncheck the Persistent Filters box the filter selection can be then be exported to pdf.

I guess Power Bi made an update to the Persist filters that meant it also stopped them persisting to export.

I'm going to add a reset button for users as a work around but not ideal to have the last users selections!

persistent filters.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding in that we're also seeing this unintended behaviour, though it's applied inconsistently - some slicers stick, some don't.

Mani7553
Frequent Visitor

Hi, Still this issue found for me in my report also.

Is there any solution found out by anyone could help us.