Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Export to PPT/PDF always takes default values

When exporting a report as an image to PPT (or to PDF), there is an option to export with default values or with the current selection. No matter what I try, the export is always with the default values. This is for all reports that we currently have online.

This issue was previously raised  last year and a fix was issued, but it has recently stopped working again.
Export to PDF or PPT always takes default values 

Thanks

Hi @AHeyman_ 

This issue has been fixed , Please check it in your broswer .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi  @AHeyman_ 

When did this happen? default values and current value no matter which one is selected, the final exported data is default values? Did you apply RLS in your report ?

Best Regards,

Rachel42
Regular Visitor

We've had the same problem (in the UK). when we export to pdf any slicer settings set by the user fail to persist and just exports the defaulted saved settings.

MS support team suggested trying it in Private mode, clearing the cache and browser history and restarting.

But the issue is intermittent. Monday 25/09/2023 it didn't work on Edge but did work on Chrome. Then it started working on Chrome after I tried opening in New InPrivate window. But then the next day 26/09/2023 it stopped persisting filters on export in both Chrome and Edge.

I've had to resort to unchecking 'Don't allow end user to use filters..' Not ideal at all, the users have to remember to clear filters at the start before setting their own and exporting.

It does not look good for Power BI and users lose confidence in the product 😞

Rachel42_0-1695811378254.png

Rachel42
Regular Visitor

MS Power BI support got back to me and said it's a Browser issue so not their problem.

But they did suggest updating the broowser to the latest settings.

In Edge >> Settings >> About Microsoft Edge >>Update if not latest

Did seem to work for me on Edge and Chrome, now need to check if this is a fix for other users.

awright19
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue (in both Chrome and Edge). I had it last year as well when it happened and they fixed it then. Unclear why it would now be considered a browser issue. 

AHeyman_
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft
The issue was noticed last Monday 25/09/23.
Correct, no matter which option is chosen the values always export as default values and not current values.
RLS is applied in the reports.

I have tried the solution suggested by @Rachel42 and after updating Edge it looks to be partially working, the values I have selected with slicers will export correctly however one value that is carried through by the URL still shows a default value. Unfortunatly the full issue still persists when trying on an up to date version of Chrome.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @AHeyman_ 

In the Power BI service, URL filters aren't currently respected when you choose Current Values for your export. 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/end-user-pdf?tabs=powerbi-service#gener... 

Other than that, is the rest of the export normal?

Best Regards,

martinjager
Regular Visitor

We have the same issue in Chrome and Edge

Rachel42
Regular Visitor

Mine and my collegues have the same issue in Chrome and Edge, it seemed to resolve but now it's back again. 

When we export to pdf, the user changes to slicers fail to persist in the export. It defaults back to the settings the report was published with.

knikolova
Regular Visitor

We have been facing the same issue since today.

It's exporting everything, not the filtered data. All browsers are up to date, but that's not the case...

loncken
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue using both Chrome and Edge. My team first noticed the issue this past Sunday, 10/1/23.