Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Error opening all files

I suddenly cannot open any of my Power BI files (.pbix). I have been using it for a long time, and was working on a report on Friday, but today I tried to open the report and get the error: 

The following system error occurred: Class not registered
An error occurred when loading the '6a799d97-26f3-49a3-9ce8-17f357c62cfc', from the file, '\\?\C:\Users\----\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop Store App\AnalysisServicesWorkspaces\AnalysisServicesWorkspace_9cba4957-d7ea-4392-873e-d5fdbf587e8f\Data\6a799d97-26f3-49a3-9ce8-17f357c62cfc.0.db.xml'.

Along with many other NonFatalErrors that have similar descriptions.

I have tried multiple files, but all of my files are now giving the same error, even those saved in different folders. I have downloaded the file straight from the Power BI service, but the same thing. I have uninstalled Power BI multiple times and reinstalled, and restarted PC, etc, but nothing works. 

Please can someone assist?

Thank you

Hi @dazzl896 ,

Some users have reported that uninstalling the Microsoft Store version of Power BI and reinstalling it using the installer from the official website resolved their issue.If the latest version is causing issues, you could try installing an older version of Power BI.

This has been suggested as a potential solution. Please refer to Solved: Class not registered error - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @dazzl896 ,

Some users have reported that uninstalling the Microsoft Store version of Power BI and reinstalling it using the installer from the official website resolved their issue.If the latest version is causing issues, you could try installing an older version of Power BI.

This has been suggested as a potential solution. Please refer to Solved: Class not registered error - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

foodd
Super User

Hello @v-xiaoyan-msft , I am especially interested in the outcome of this investigation. 

rajendraongole1
Community Champion

Hello @dazzl896 - I faced this problem, Looking forward for resolution.

Thank you