Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Error: Unable to apply changes/save Untitled File

Hi there,

I'm used to working with Power Query via Excel and this is my first time using Power BI. I just installed the (free) desktop version through Microsoft Store. I transferred all of my working queries on excel to BI. They are all working correctly and I haven't come across any glaring errors except for when I go to apply changes. After several attempts to save I got the "Something went wrong" pop-up window with the following error message: 

"A Task's exception(s) were not observed either by Waiting on the Task or accessing its Exception property. As a result, the unobserved exception was rethrown by the finalizer thread."

Please see error details below. Can anyone help me with this. I have looked through many posts on various communities for any fixes to this issue and I have tried various fixes but none are working for me. 

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Timestamp:
2024-06-19T12:57:31.9714324Z

Local Time:
2024-06-19T08:57:31.9714324-04:00

Session ID:
6db76452-e251-4448-9949-8b6b35479766

Release:
June 2024

Product Version:
2.130.930.0 (24.06) (x64)

Stack Trace:
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.CreateHandle(CreateParams cp)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle()
   at Microsoft.Web.WebView2.WinForms.WebView2.<InitCoreWebView2Async>d__25.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.WebView2.WebView2BrowserWrapper.<Initialize>d__78.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.WebView2.WebView2BrowserWrapper.<ChainAfterInit>d__101.MoveNext()

PowerBINonFatalError:
{"AppName":"PBIDesktop","AppVersion":"2.130.930.0","ModuleName":"Microsoft.Web.WebView2.WinForms.dll","Component":"Microsoft.Web.WebView2.WinForms.WebView2+<InitCoreWebView2Async>d__25","Error":"System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception - 0x00000057","MethodDef":"MoveNext","ErrorOffset":"1916","ErrorCode":""}

InnerException0.Stack Trace:
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.CreateHandle(CreateParams cp)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle()
   at Microsoft.Web.WebView2.WinForms.WebView2.<InitCoreWebView2Async>d__25.MoveNext()
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.WebView2.WebView2BrowserWrapper.<Initialize>d__78.MoveNext()
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.WebView2.WebView2BrowserWrapper.<ChainAfterInit>d__101.MoveNext()

OS Version:
Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.22631.0 (x64 en-US)

CLR Version:
4.8 or later [Release Number = 533320]

Peak Virtual Memory:
106 GB

Private Memory:
2.73 GB

Peak Working Set:
2.95 GB

IE Version:

User ID:
5c4df33a-92e4-4dd8-a147-dfbd2e29b089

Workbook Package Info:
1* - en-CA, Query Groups: 24, fastCombine: Disabled, runBackgroundAnalysis: True.

Telemetry Enabled:
True

Model Default Mode:
Empty

Model Version:
PowerBI_V1

Enabled Preview Features:
PBI_sparklines
PBI_scorecardVisual
PBI_NlToDax
PBI_fieldParametersSuperSwitch
PBI_angularRls
PBI_setLabelOnExportPdf
PBI_dynamicFormatString
PBI_oneDriveSave
PBI_oneDriveShare
PBI_useModernPublishDialogs
PBI_gitIntegration
PBI_newCard
PBI_buttonSlicerAuthoring
PBI_EimLessElevatedUser
PBI_mobileAutoReportLayout
PBI_daxInlineCopilot
PBI_aiNarrativesVisual
PBI_generateMeasureDescriptionsButton
PBI_desktopReportAuthoringCopilot

Disabled Preview Features:
PBI_shapeMapVisualEnabled
PBI_SpanishLinguisticsEnabled
PBI_qnaLiveConnect
PBI_b2bExternalDatasetSharing
PBI_enhancedTooltips
PBI_onObject
PBI_publishDialogsSupportSubfolders
PBI_tmdlInDataset
PBI_enhancedReportFormat
PBI_qnaImproveLsdlCopilot
PBI_visualCalculationsAuthoring

Disabled DirectQuery Options:
TreatHanaAsRelationalSource

Cloud:
GlobalCloud

DPI Scale:
100%

Supported Services:
Power BI

Hi @gpuk2206 

There are a number of reasons for this error, it could be that you are exceeding your RAM, it could be that your data model is too large, or it could be that there is a problem with the installed PBI Desktop.
You need to uninstall your current PBI Desktop and download the latest installer from Download Center to install it, and you need to pay attention to whether the environment of the computer where it is installed meets the requirements.

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

vyetao1msft_0-1718847357434.png

If you still have problems after installing it correctly, you can refer to the other posts to see if you have a similar situation and optimize the process.

Solved: Coundn't load the data for this visual: There's no... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Solved: Error connecting a file - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @gpuk2206 

There are a number of reasons for this error, it could be that you are exceeding your RAM, it could be that your data model is too large, or it could be that there is a problem with the installed PBI Desktop.
You need to uninstall your current PBI Desktop and download the latest installer from Download Center to install it, and you need to pay attention to whether the environment of the computer where it is installed meets the requirements.

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

vyetao1msft_0-1718847357434.png

If you still have problems after installing it correctly, you can refer to the other posts to see if you have a similar situation and optimize the process.

Solved: Coundn't load the data for this visual: There's no... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Solved: Error connecting a file - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao