Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SUTTY
Frequent Visitor

Error connecting a file

Hello all,

I've loaded up my Power BI file after the weekend, and now cannot 'refresh' the data without a couple of errors occuring. After playing about with the model - the issue is caused by connecting a folder containing excel (CSV) files - and error codes also show when trying to connect a new folder. The folder connection worked fine prior to the april update, and the error codes are:

"object reference not set to an instance of an object"

"A Task's exception(s) were not observed either by Waiting on the Task or accessing its Exception property. As a result, the unobserved exception was rethrown by the finalizer thread"

EDIT: Found the excel file causing the issue, but no clue what the issue really means since it all worked fine previously? Is it a case of checking all the formats for each column? The only issue is the file has 1000+ columns🙃

Anyone got any thoughts on a cause/resolution please?

Many Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SUTTY ,

Check the solution provided by @PeterNL  in this post.

vstephenmsft_0-1650878976646.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SUTTY ,

Check the solution provided by @PeterNL  in this post.

vstephenmsft_0-1650878976646.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-stephen-msft but as my file comes in a folder this solution hasn't worked for myself. 

It isn't on sharepoint, and replacing the path doesn't work.

Any other suggestions? I think I may just have to revert to the March Update to solve for the moment.

I am having the same issue. I suspect it's the data size...mine is 13052 Rows and 32 Columns large.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.