Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Error: Some thing went wrong Connection String Invalid

I've tried googling the error message, but I have a virtual machine with PBi Desktop installed, but get error:

Connection String Invalid: Unexpected delimiter can not be parsed. Expected: 'key1=value1;key2=value2;key3=value3'

every time I try opening the application.

PBi wont even start.

Hi @RaySopraSteria 

Download the version of Power BI Desktop that matches the architecture (x86 or x64) of your Windows OS.  Here are some requirements for deploying PBI Desktop.

Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019, Windows 11.Microsoft Power BI Desktop requires Internet Explorer 10 or greater.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @RaySopraSteria 

Download the version of Power BI Desktop that matches the architecture (x86 or x64) of your Windows OS.  Here are some requirements for deploying PBI Desktop.

Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019, Windows 11.Microsoft Power BI Desktop requires Internet Explorer 10 or greater.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

RaySopraSteria

Hi, thank you for your reply, I have tried both x86 and x64, same error.

The desktop runst win10 enterprise x64, so should be supported.