Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Enable New Field Parameters Functionality when using a live data connection from analysis services

I LOVE the idea behind the new Feild Parameters functionality but it is not available with a live connection through analysis services - Please add this!!

Hi @Anonymous,

Currently, creating parameters in live connections data sources is not supported and it’s a limitations listed in the official doc.

Let report readers use field parameters to change visuals (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

For such kind of needs, I would suggest you switching you connection mode to Import or voting for similar idea in Power BI Ideas: https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=1d360579-8cd7-ec11-bea1-281878bd96c0. It’s place where the product group collects suggestions from users to improve the features of this product. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Anonymous,

Currently, creating parameters in live connections data sources is not supported and it’s a limitations listed in the official doc.

Let report readers use field parameters to change visuals (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

For such kind of needs, I would suggest you switching you connection mode to Import or voting for similar idea in Power BI Ideas: https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=1d360579-8cd7-ec11-bea1-281878bd96c0. It’s place where the product group collects suggestions from users to improve the features of this product. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Victornld2
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the info!! @v-cazheng-msft

I was looking for exactly the same. 

No I know the dissapointing answer unfortunately.

I Hope the dev team will make it happen,