Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Emissions Impact Dashboard Data Refresh Issue

I setup the Emissions Impact Dashboard app and it was working well until two days ago.   It's now throwing an error: 

Data source errorExpression.Error: The column '<ccon>DateKey' of the table wasn't found.. DateKey. </ccon>. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: DimDate.

Any idea on what needs to be done to resolve this? 

Hi @jeanloz 

I am so glad to hear that your dataset can refresh normally . I will chang the status to Delivered .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi  @jeanloz 

1. Is the dashboard a combination of multiple reports?
2. What are the corresponding data sources?
3. Can the reports related to this dashboard be refreshed normally?
4. Are all the data sources associated with this dashboard working properly?

Best Regards,

Fran--k

Hi @v-yetao1-msft we have the same error with 2 diffent Emissions Impact Dashboard for Azure.
I have also try to update the App, but get the same error.

1. Is the dashboard a combination of multiple reports?

> no
2. What are the corresponding data sources?
> WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-G-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
3. Can the reports related to this dashboard be refreshed normally?
> no, same error
4. Are all the data sources associated with this dashboard working properly?

> we use just the default App (https://appsource.microsoft.com/de-DE/product/power-bi/coi-sustainability.emissions_impact_dashboard... without any changes

kind regards

Frank

jeanloz

@v-yetao1-msft  

1. Is the dashboard a combination of multiple reports? No

2. What are the corresponding data sources? WABI-WEST-US-C-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net

3. Can the reports related to this dashboard be refreshed normally? No.   Doing a manual refresh returns the same error 

Data source errorExpression.Error: The column '<ccon>DateKey' of the table wasn't found.. DateKey. </ccon>. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: DimDate.

4. Are all the data sources associated with this dashboard working properly? This is the default Microsoft Emissions Impact Dashboard app that is described here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-connect-to-emissions-impact-dashboar...

LaustB

We see the exact same error.

1. Is the dashboard a combination of multiple reports? No

2. What are the corresponding data sources? WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-D-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net

3. Can the reports related to this dashboard be refreshed normally? No. Doing a manual refresh returns the same error 

Data source error:
Expression.Error: The column '<ccon>DateKey' of the table wasn't found.. DateKey. </ccon>. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: DimDate.

4. Are all the data sources associated with this dashboard working properly? This is the default Microsoft Emissions Impact Dashboard app that is described here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-connect-to-emissions-impact-dashboar...

maciej_mlm

Same issue, started last week. Updated the app, but nothing has changed.

ptorkington

Updated on the 13th July - getting same error - clearly there is something wrong with the update. Also tried to install a new instance of app and got the same error. Next time I will install a new instance of app as a test ! 🙂

Data source error: Expression.Error: The column '<ccon>DateKey' of the table wasn't found.. DateKey. </ccon>. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: DimDate.
Cluster URI: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-D-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 78c4beda-2132-3909-24e1-3e783d16c95f
Request ID: 6ca5eeb7-3aa5-eb37-3c8c-7620cb09e2dd
Time: 2023-07-18 19:34:38Z

love_numbers
Frequent Visitor

Hi, dear community members,

I am facing the same issues in one of my report.

When I refresh the datas at Power BI Desktop, it woks fine.

But getting similar error at power bi service - for both on demand refresh and schedule refresh.

It says, they are not getting a column in the table, but IT EXISTS THERE 🙂

Screenshot_91.png

Data source error:Expression.Error: The column '<ccon>provider_business_mailing_address_state_name' of the table wasn't found.. provider_business_mailing_address_state_name. </ccon>. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: nppes.
Cluster URI:WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-G-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:9601cadc-4b6e-495f-90d5-668be8d20feb
Request ID:f9684f6b-2e19-4604-9351-125d45f923ef
Time:2023-07-19 18:20:53Z
LaustB

Problem seems to have been solved.

The Emissions Impact Dashboard now refreshes without any issues.

UlrikD
Regular Visitor

I confirm, it's now working. It was not working for me since July, 11.

Great news!

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

HI @jeanloz 

I've seen feedback from some users that the issue has been resolved, is it working properly on your end?

Best Regards,