Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ESRI ArcGIS maps arent saving changes

I am using the free, out-of-the-box ESRI ArcGIS map visual.  I built this visual last year and had no trouble., so this isnt an RTFM situation.

I opened the PBIX and the visual looks like it reset to defaults.  Ok, stuff happens so I reconfigured it. 

Well, after saving and going back to the page with the visual, the defaults appear again. 

So, now, I have to publish the report (other changes were made) with an ESRI map that looks different because I cant preserve my changes.

I'm going to guess I am the only person on the planet seeing this issue, but I'd figure I would reach out take a shot.

TIA

Power BI Frustration Level: HIGH

Comments
aankrah
Regular Visitor

I am also having the same issue with ESRI Maps in Power BI, where customized maps revert to default after every refresh or by simply changing a Tab. Can we please get a permanant fix to this problem. It is has been issue for the past 6 months. 

Thank you

TARANEESH
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here too...

jhennessy
Regular Visitor

Really hoping this will gain some traction and we will get a resolution soon. 

djturner21
Frequent Visitor

Yes, having some troubles with this as well. Has anyone found a solution?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having the same issue. Apparently it is related to the June update. I have a report saved on the server from the May update and the Arcgis settings are not defaulting like they are on the June update.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I pasted the same issue on a different thread, having same issue.

ArcGIS version 1.0.0.96

PowerBI version 2.66.5376.2161

Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 here with the same problem, this error was introduced in the latest update of PBI I believe as I didn't see it happen before and i've been using ArcGis maps in pbi for a few months now

@v-qiuyu-msft 

Any updates?

Barrie0
Regular Visitor

Having downloaded the newest August update of Power BI desktop, the issue now seems to have resolved itself for both my work & home computer.

MfaceUya
Regular Visitor

Thanks @Barrie0 the August update seems to have resolved it for me too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Myself as well. Seems to work fine now.