Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dynamic format strings is not working properly.

Dynamic format strings (preview mode) is not working properly. Only simple formating is working fine but a little more advanced is not displaying labels in proper way. For example it is impossible to get proper string for abslute value and percentage growth of this value in one string. Additionally it is working differently in different type of visuals but everywhere it is displayed in wrong way.

Hi @Mati 

I tried to restore the scenario you mentioned but failed, can you provide your pbix file(remove sensitive info)for reference ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @Mati 

I tried to restore the scenario you mentioned but failed, can you provide your pbix file(remove sensitive info)for reference ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Mati
Regular Visitor

I recreated the issue in very simple report just to present that dynamic strings are not working.

Strings behave in different way when filter context is changed.

But in every scenario it is wrong.

Here is the link:

https://cchellenic-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/p/mateusz_motola/EWL0OrA-pVNKhpMiqj5xPPUBZOdNOEvAVuXUSUTSfh...

Mati
Regular Visitor

Any update in this topic? Issue is still existing, even aftert downloading latest updated version of Power BI Desktop (from 04.19.2023).

rconcil
Frequent Visitor

Hello, @v-yetao1-msft 

I have a similar issue that I have explained here:
Re: Why totals are incorrect and different dependi... - Microsoft Power BI Community

For some reason format of absolute and percentage values behave strangely for some categories.

Best Regards,

amirshiloh
Advocate I

i use dynamic measures, and set format. at the Data lables - the dynamic values display corectly , but at the Total labels, the format is not following the dynamic format.