Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Decomposition Tree Error Message

Hi,

I got the following error message while creating a Decomposition Tree visual. Although it still allowed me to create the visual, but it is not visible when I create an Embed code of the report and try to see it through link.

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)
Timestamp:
2019-11-19T12:28:46.8518704Z
Local Time:
2019-11-19T17:58:46.8518704+05:30
Session ID:
c7bd1748-4597-4e00-941f-6d0e1fecea0b
Release:
November 2019
Product Version:
2.75.5649.582 (19.11) (x64)
Stack Trace:
TypeError: Cannot read property 'attr' of undefined
    at DecompositionTreeRenderingService.resize (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.insightsui.min.js:2120:59)
    at DecompositionTreeComponent.resize (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.insightsui.min.js:3237:56)
    at DecompositionTreeComponent.<anonymous> (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.insightsui.min.js:3009:119)
    at ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.insightsui.min.js:2865:39
    at Object.next (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.insightsui.min.js:2876:22)
    at fulfilled (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.insightsui.min.js:2782:40)
    at processQueue (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/angular.js:17187:37)
    at ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/angular.js:17235:27
    at Scope.$digest (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/angular.js:18370:15)
    at ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.js:37929:63
OS Version:
Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.18362.0 (x64 en-US)
CLR Version:
4.7 or later [Release Number = 528040]
Peak Virtual Memory:
38.3 GB
Private Memory:
475 MB
Peak Working Set:
631 MB
IE Version:
User ID:
7d4d3eab-336c-4c20-8341-cf6805ceddee
Workbook Package Info:
1* - en-IN, Query Groups: 0, fastCombine: Disabled, runBackgroundAnalysis: True.
Telemetry Enabled:
True
Snapshot Trace Logs:
C:\Users\xh0050515\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\FrownSnapShot1229223718.zip
Model Default Mode:
Import
Enabled Preview Features:
PBI_decompositionTree
Disabled Preview Features:
PBI_shapeMapVisualEnabled
PBI_SpanishLinguisticsEnabled
PBI_NewWebTableInference
PBI_showIncrementalRefreshPolicy
PBI_qnaLiveConnect
PQ_AIInsightsFunctionBrowser
PBI_realTimeRefresh
PBI_userFavoriteResourcePackagesEnabled
PBI_personalVisualizationPaneEnabled
PBI_QueryDiagnostics
PBI_showMinervaRibbon
PBI_showMinervaViewNavigator
Disabled DirectQuery Options:
TreatHanaAsRelationalSource
Cloud:
GlobalCloud
DPI Scale:
150%
Supported Services:
Power BI
Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @xh0050515

May I know the details about "it is not visible when I create an Embed code of the report and try to see it through link"? Do you mean the Decomposition Tree doesn't display in Publish to Web report? 

However, from the error information, it looks like the issue occurs in Power BI desktop. I'm a little confused. 

By the way, based on my test, the Decomposition Tree is supported in Publish to Web feature. See: 

q4.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

xh0050515
Advocate I

@v-qiuyu-msft 

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I meant the Decomposition tree doesn't show up in web report.

I tried the same on my colleague's system who uses Google Chrome web browser and strangely it works perfectly fine.

Finally I have figured out that the web report is not showing the decomposition tree visual when access through Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer browser, but it works fine with Google Chrome.

Its strange though.

xh0050515
Advocate I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

Do you have any update for me?

I am still unable to see the decomposition visual from web (published through embed) report when using Edge or Internet Explorer browser.

Regards,

Gaurav Kanda

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @xh0050515

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 160253998. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

xh0050515
Advocate I

Thank you.

I will wait for your update.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @xh0050515

ETA is 15th of January for the fix. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

xh0050515
Advocate I

@v-qiuyu-msft 

Thank you for the update.

Looking forward to the fix.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have a similar issue, where the decomposition tree shows on Power BI Desktop, on Powerbi.com but not when I embed in Sharepoint site. Note that the PowerBI.com and Sharepoint site are being accessed through Google Chrome in both instances.  I tested this on Edge and as well, and I got the same issue.

v-xuding-msft
Community Support

Hi @xh0050515 ,

The issue has been fixed. Please have a try.😉