Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Datamart Model Layouts not saving

When closing the Datamart editor my different layouts are not saved. All my table arrangements are gone upon opening again.

If you have built some queries in the Design view, please see the comments in the page:

'Your query will not be saved. This feature is coming soon'

vyingjl_0-1655953096771.png

If not, you can consider sharing more details about this issue, like some screenshots or the steps whichi could reproduce this issue better.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

If you have built some queries in the Design view, please see the comments in the page:

'Your query will not be saved. This feature is coming soon'

vyingjl_0-1655953096771.png

If not, you can consider sharing more details about this issue, like some screenshots or the steps whichi could reproduce this issue better.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

gtacchini
Advocate I

It's not the query designer, the model designer, look:

gtacchini_0-1655983251096.png

Then closing and opening the datamart erases this layout:

gtacchini_1-1655983286336.png

Gone!

Very frustrating, makes handling many tables really difficult. Also, the tables on the left should have folders, just like in power query.

hauffa
Frequent Visitor

I have experienced the same thing.  Thankfully it does seem like the relationships I built are still there when I show the tables again - but getting tired of trying to create a layout only to have it disappear.

hauffa
Frequent Visitor

Any word on this?  Seems like a pretty straightforward issue.  Are others not experiencing this?  @v-yingjl 

gtacchini
Advocate I

No news from Microsoft as it seems Datamarts are plagued with bugs and no response at all. 

Power BI support has been really poor lately.

hauffa
Frequent Visitor

Bummer. I'd really like datamarts to work. Unfortunately I can't trust them yet. @v-yingjl - any updates on this?  I know that this is a preview feature, but I hope that it is being taken seriously since I'm asked to create a datamart each time I'm creating a dataflow.

gtacchini
Advocate I

Yep, 

It's so sad. A lot of potential with 0 support.

ChPetru
Helper I

Guys, I worked so much on a data mart just to find it is useless beacuse I cannot save the model layout. Cmon Microsoft!!!!!! 

alex-syk
Advocate I

@v-yingjl I'm experiencing the same problem. In the "Model" view of my datamart, I spent a lot of time making relationships between tables. Then I exited and reopened the datamart to see this:

datamart.PNG

It's not until I click on "Show all tables" that I recover my previous work (as mentioned by @hauffa above).

VanEnkhuizen

It's 2023, and I'm still having the same issue. I spent quite a lot of time setting up nice layouts for over 50 tables, only to find that all the layouts were gone upon refreshing. The underlying relationships seem to still be in place.