Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Data Labels - Customize Series setting not working for column/line chart in Service

I have a stacked column/line chart and I want to display the data labels for the column but not the line.  I have been using the 'Customize Series' feature under 'Data Labels' for several months to display one label and not the other and it has been working well.  In the last few days, it stopped working in the PBI service (still works fine in desktop).  Now it is all or nothing - if Data Labels is swtiched to on, it shows all labels regardless of the Customize Series.  This is making for some hard to read charts!

Thanks
Kelsey

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue here. I wonder why this kind of update is done on PowerBI service when it still is working in PowerBI Desktop. Hopefully it is an issue that can be solved soon!

v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @kelseypbi ,

I have reported this problem internally, CRI:116657417.  Would update here once I get any response.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Accepted

pirdim
Advocate I

Same here. Really frustrating to have all my graphs to be ruined (using "Line and clustered column chart")

MEEnergy
Frequent Visitor

Was going to post this same thing.  Started happening to me today.  Working in desktop but on the web its showing the labels.  

Nexter
Advocate III

I'm experiencing this exact same issue, it started happening two days ago.  This is extremely frustrating and has made all of my line and stacked column visuals useless.  @AmirNetz , please know this is a huge inconvenience!

cv_01
Frequent Visitor

Same issue observed here. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing happened to me since monday. it works on desktop but not in the web.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Noticed this same issue on Monday and Tuesday, today it appears to be resolved. 

MEEnergy
Frequent Visitor

It looks to be working for me today as well.