Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Daily crashes due to WebViewer2

This service causes daily crashes just as it did in the previous version. Not sure why it was rushed to production without further testing. In addition to crashisng, all running instances of webviewer2 must be terminated before PBI is launched again or the program freezes upon load. To make matters worse, recovered files require a full data refresh which can sink another 1 - 2 hours of wasted time in addition to the time lost due to the crash.

Hi @PBIGreg @jmlove0923 ,

Find existing ICMs(ICM 285128465, ICM 291218800, ICM 294087216) for such kind of issue. Will follow up them and sync here once there is any solution provided.

Thanks for the understanding!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
jmlove0923
Frequent Visitor

Same but only an issue with our app

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @PBIGreg  and @jmlove0923 ,

May I know whether your issue is happening in Power BI Service or Power BI Desktop? What kind of operation you were doing when you got this crash issue? Is there any errors prompted? If your issue is happening in Power BI Desktop, please disable Power BI infrastructure update in Options(File>Options and Settings>Options) to see whether the performance will be improved. Thanks!

Best Regards,

PBIGreg

@v-cazheng-msft 

The issue occurs in PBI Desktop. The frequency of crashes is similar if not identical to the last version of PBI Deskptop. However, WebViewer was not required then and uninstalling it resolved all issues. It crashes about once every 40 minutes to an hour of running the same instance of the program.

I have two crash reports from today I can send to support. Due to frustration in lack of ease to send these details to Microsoft without opting in to automatically share data, I have not kept record of the last 12 - 14 crashes this week.

I will try changing the infrastructure setting to see if that helps.

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

To resolve issue related to start the Microsoft Store version of Power BI Desktop or WebView2, there is an official document as reference. Hope it can help users may encounter similar issue.

Link of official document:

Resolve issues when starting Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Resolve issues when starting Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @PBIGreg @jmlove0923 ,

Find existing ICMs(ICM 285128465, ICM 291218800, ICM 294087216) for such kind of issue. Will follow up them and sync here once there is any solution provided.

Thanks for the understanding!

Best Regards,