Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DST Subscription Errors

Since Daylight savings, I have been receiving my subscriptions in Power BI twice in the same day ever since DST this past weekend. This has happened to multiple subscriptions. If it is supposed to run at 9AM, then I get it at 8AM and 9AM, even if it was never set up for the 8AM time. I saw that this was an issue in the past and the solution was to delete the sub and recreate it, but I don't think that that is really an acceptable solution. 

Hi All,

I've got feedback from product team said it's a limitation by design: Email Subscriptions would be delivered twice just on the day when the daylight savings starts and ends.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

Comments
joel_gibby_csc
Helper II

We are experiencing the same. A ticket was openend with Microsoft last year when this happened and we were told it wouldn't happen again. We'll be opening a ticket as it continues today. I'd suggest doing the same so Product Team has awareness.

JoshRodgers
Regular Visitor

We are experiencing this as well. We opened a support ticket and they are looking into it.

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous @JoshRodgers @joel_gibby_csc 

Do all of you get this issue from 11/7 (the end of DST in US)? I noticed that this issue has been reported internally(ICM 271130215). I will follow up it and sync with you once there is any update.

Best Regards,

JoshRodgers
Regular Visitor

I started getting the issue Sunday 11/7. The issue has seemed to resolve itself during subscriptions sent earlier this afternoon, but has started to occur again this evening.

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @JoshRodgers 

Thanks for your feedback. I got it. Will sync here when there is any update in related ICM.

Best Regards,

dalstrup

Same issue here. Started 11/8 and continued today.

dalstrup

This has not happened in the last couple days. Has this been resolved?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dalstrup I spoke to Microsoft yesterday, and they said that they were working toward a resolution. I noticed that the first run of a subscription that kicked off since DST still had the issue. The ones that were running daily haven't had the issue since Tuesday. They did say that they were going to let me know when the issue was officially resolved. 

joel_gibby_csc
Helper II

@dalstrup We haven't had any duplicates since monday morning PST. Our Monday evening reports were distributed only once as scheduled. Hoping a permanent fix is in place for next DST change!

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi All,

I've got feedback from product team said it's a limitation by design: Email Subscriptions would be delivered twice just on the day when the daylight savings starts and ends.

Best Regards,