Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_TimeoutError

Most of the datasets are failing and shows an error - DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_TimeoutError.

Can anyone facing similar issue with the latest version - 3000.170.8, Is it something like global issue

Hi @venal 

It’s a known issue . The engineers are actively working on this issue and I will come back with an update if there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @venal 

It’s a known issue . The engineers are actively working on this issue and I will come back with an update if there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

DirkAlbrecht
Regular Visitor

Hello,

we have the same issue and have been unable to load our data model since 4/29/23.

Is there any workaround in the meantime while your data engineers are fixing the issue? 

Kind regards

Stewwe
Helper I

Hello,

If you install the gateway on a phyisical machine and not as a VM, the gateway works again!

Best Regards

Stewwe

zbaker83
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue with pre-existing Power Bi Service refreshes. The refresh system is fine on the desktop but has beeing having timeout errors on/off since last week.

Best,

Zbaker83

DirkAlbrecht
Regular Visitor

Hello,

we installed the gateway on a physical machine too and it seems to work.

Best regards
Dirk

Generic_name
Frequent Visitor

Hi everyone, 

is only version 3000.170.8 affected and will downgrading to an ealier version solve the issue?

Previous monthly updates to the on-premises data gateways | Microsoft Learn 

DirkAlbrecht
Regular Visitor

We tried earlier versions and it did not help.

Generic_name
Frequent Visitor

We downgraded the gateway to the version of february and are running this version for 24 hours now. 

We had no failed refreshes due to the gateway timeout error since then. 

We are now facing Mashup Data Access Errors for some of our larger datasets. 

Some refreshes failing is better than all refreshes failing, but the situation is still bad.

Is there an ETA for a bugfix?  

analiticaSIER
Regular Visitor

Hello,

I am having the same issue since Friday(5/5/2023); please help, I already updated with the last version, the gateway is on the same server, even in another one in order to test, but, the automatic refresh stop working suddenly, please help.

{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Client_GatewayUnreachable","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Client_GatewayUnreachable","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}}

Stewwe
Helper I

@analiticaSIER 

We had a conversation with Microsoft and they gave us the hint to switch from a VM to a local machine. It helps!