Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DAX function "RELATED" does not work between DirectQuery and Import tables.

When using the DAX function "RELATED" to add a new column from an Imported table to a DirectQuery table, I receive an error. This error does not occur if both tables are using DirectQuery.

Column: SampleColumn = RELATED(ImportTable[Column])

Error: "The column 'ImportTable[Column]' either doesn't exist or doesn't have a relationship to any table available in the current context."

Relationship: DirectQueryTable[SampleKey] (many) has a relationship with ImportTable[SampleKey] (one)

Cardinality = Many to One (*:1)

Cross filter direction = Both

Make this relationship active = Checked

Note: When creating the column using "RELATED" in the DirectQueryTable table, ImportTable shows up as a suggestion.

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

any solution guys?

sharmagopal2404

i am still facing this issue.

Any update on ETA?

DivingJoen
Regular Visitor

Also been hit with this issue. Any response on this would be appreciated. This topic has been alive since three years now and it is quite annoying and basically makes using DQ much more of a challenge than it would need to be.

tyw214
Helper I

i have the exact same issue... and it seems like this been reported 3 years ago... and still hasn't been fixed... can we get this fixed asap?

jkouadiod
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue on one of my main project.
who has a way around it without re-doing everything.

Ferraglia
Regular Visitor

The problem still persist. Please, hope the MS team can speed up the fix.

apohl1
Helper I

It would be helpful if MS team could at least share an update if this is in plan to be fixed!

Daniel_PBI
Frequent Visitor

Have the same problem. Please fix and provide an update.

barbaraysl
Regular Visitor

same issue please fix as soon as possible

michaelhoughton

PBI Desktop Version December 2022....

Same issue...

Big bust as I'm trying to relate various datasets....ugh