Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Correctly buffering Data from Azure Blob without returning error

I have a serious issue with the analytic reporting process documented here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-insights/journeys/custom-analytics

I am getting an error message very often which makes working with this framework very difficult: DataSource.Error: AzureBlobs: The data source appears to have been modified since it was last accessed. Refreshing may resolve this error.

I believe, although I don't know exactly, that whenever the CRM is sending data to the Blob storage, any currently running Power BI Query fails. This makes it impossible to work with the dataflow during the day. No refreshes including data previews are possible since the data is constantly changing.

There needs to be a way to logically separate the data saving from the data reading on the azure blob. I've attempted to solve this myself by using a Table.Buffer function inside my power BI query. This does not appear to work, I believe because the buffering also takes time. In that time, the process is liable to return an error because the blob contents has changed.

Any workarounds until this is fixed?

Hi @JoshLevent ,

Sorry for the late reply, the feedback we got was:

This is a by design behavior not a bug. This isn't something that can be "fixed".

If you would like to suggest feature improvements, you may vote the idea and comment here to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @JoshLevent ,

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it.
The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

JoshLevent
Advocate I

Thanks for the quick response Caitlyn. I'm happy this is being looked at. It still appears to be an issue for me. Are there any updates?

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @JoshLevent ,

Sorry for the late reply, the feedback we got was:

This is a by design behavior not a bug. This isn't something that can be "fixed".

If you would like to suggest feature improvements, you may vote the idea and comment here to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

JoshLevent
Advocate I

Ok, thanks, but this is a serious problem for my analytics system. Do I need to create two Azure blobs, one which is written constantly, and one which is then cloned from the first one at a known time so that I can ensure it doesn't clash with refreshes? I couldn't quickly figure out if that was even possible...