Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Continuous x-axis label showing month and day when filtered by Quarter 1 instead of month and year

I have updated to the most recent Power BI version (2.127.1327.0) last week. I have multiple clustered column charts where the x-axis shows Month and Day and only January and February when I filter the report by Quarter 1 (it doesn't matter which year I filter by as well). The data itself shows month and year which I have set for the date format but the labels are only showing month and day for January and February.

Here is the link to my original post with photos: https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Continuous-x-axis-showing-month-and-day-when-filte....

I was able to recreate this issue with a fresh report (my data is up to the end of March 2024).

Hi  @cbeede 

Thanks for your feedback ! I tried to restore the scenario you mentioned but failed, can you provide your sample (remove sensitive info) for reference ?

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi  @cbeede 

Thanks for your feedback ! I tried to restore the scenario you mentioned but failed, can you provide your sample (remove sensitive info) for reference ?

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

cbeede
Regular Visitor

Unfortunately, I am not able to redact the sensitive information where it could be usable on your end. If it helps, I did a date group bin to create the month and year column and used that as the x-axis.

Edit: I played around with my DateDimensions table that I use for the labels and noticed that when I change the Month Year column from a date column to a number column, the data labels are correct but only show the number format of the date and not the date labels. The same thing happens when I use a dax formula to generate the Month Year format instead of grouping.