Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Conditional formatting and dates filter

Hello, 

In my dataset, I have several date columns. So I created a Calendar to make relationships with the dates. Since I can only make 1 date that is active relatoinship, I created inactive relationships with the other dates. Then I used dax Userrelationship formula to make measures to sum the $ total and reference the calendar date and my data table dates. 

I used conditional formatting in my matrix table to check if the invoice has been made, then color the background of the $ amount to be green. 

I have a date filter that the user can use to see when the invoices were made or will be made. 

Without any date filters used, the matrix table looks correct. However, when a date is selected, the green background formatting doesn't work. It only works for the 1 date that I have an active relationship with the Calendar table. All ther other columns do not work correctly. 

Below is an example of my data table. 

dineshj23_0-1680017003948.png

Hi @dineshj23 ,

"It only works for the 1 date that I have an active relationship with the Calendar table. "

I think you found the cause of this problem. This seems to be a design rather than an issue.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @dineshj23 ,

"It only works for the 1 date that I have an active relationship with the Calendar table. "

I think you found the cause of this problem. This seems to be a design rather than an issue.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

dineshj23
Helper I

@v-xiaoyan-msft 

So is this something the team is going to work on fixing or something I need to work on my side? 

This is because I am using Userrelationship dax formula. So the formatting should hold. I am using the same formula for other $ amounts for other dates and they are working. The $ amounts show up based on any filters used. But the formatting only doesn't work.