Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

This visual has exceeded the available resources

Hi All,

I started getting this error in my dashboards from few weeks " This visual has exceeded the available resources". 

Dashboards are uploaded online on a workspace. Dashboards worked fine for a year , but from few weeks only some reports just stopped working at all. It does not matter what filters I choose, nothing works at all.  The details of the error is copied below.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your support!

More details: Resource Governing: This query uses more memory than the configured limit. The query or calculations referenced by it might be too memory-intensive to run. To run this query, you could simplify the query or its calculations, or reach out to your capacity administrator to see if they can increase the per-query memory limit. More details: consumed memory 1331 MB, memory limit 1331 MB. Learn more, see https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2159752.

Activity ID:  bb7e5d65-a4b7-442d-8529-0af9da13d7d6

Correlation ID:  870fa7e6-1964-3c2b-570a-b95a7cc3e4eb

Request ID:  004a0c05-f3c9-44f9-bf33-62e4aafbb81c

Time: Tue Mar 28 2023 16:25:19 GMT+0200 (Ora legale dell’Europa centrale)

Service version: 13.0.20342.55

Client version: 2303.3.12949-train

URI cluster: https://wabi-west-europe-d-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Hi @alice_franchini ,

According to the documentation:

This visual has exceeded the available resources.

This visual has exceeded the available resources. Try filtering to decrease the amount of data displayed.

Your visual has attempted to query too much data for us to complete the result with the available resources. Try filtering the visual to reduce the amount of data in the result.

And you can follow the tips to optimize your report:

1.Do not expose in a view a column that is not necessary in the Power BI data model.

2.Optimize the DAX calculation used in this visual to use less memory and return faster or change what the visual displays.

3.Remove unnecessary precision or split granularity values to reduce cardinality(Significantly reduce highly unique datetime values by splitting the date and time into separate columns. )

4. It may also be that your local computer has insufficient content space. You can turn off the memory that is not needed in the local computer when you turn on the power bi desktop.

This is the related document, you can view this content:

The “Visual Has Exceeded The Available Resources” Error In Power BI

Visual has exceeded the available resources - Table Visual

Data Import Best Practices in Power BI

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @alice_franchini ,

According to the documentation:

This visual has exceeded the available resources.

This visual has exceeded the available resources. Try filtering to decrease the amount of data displayed.

Your visual has attempted to query too much data for us to complete the result with the available resources. Try filtering the visual to reduce the amount of data in the result.

And you can follow the tips to optimize your report:

1.Do not expose in a view a column that is not necessary in the Power BI data model.

2.Optimize the DAX calculation used in this visual to use less memory and return faster or change what the visual displays.

3.Remove unnecessary precision or split granularity values to reduce cardinality(Significantly reduce highly unique datetime values by splitting the date and time into separate columns. )

4. It may also be that your local computer has insufficient content space. You can turn off the memory that is not needed in the local computer when you turn on the power bi desktop.

This is the related document, you can view this content:

The “Visual Has Exceeded The Available Resources” Error In Power BI

Visual has exceeded the available resources - Table Visual

Data Import Best Practices in Power BI

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

alice_franchini

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft 

Thank you for your answer. I will try the best practice you shared with me.

It cannot be a problem of insufficient memory as locally since the reports in PowerBI Desktop do not return any errors, but this appears once published in the workspaces and from the workspace to the app. 

The problem I have is really strage, I work with power bi and microsoft products form years, and I implemented tons of ssas tabular models and power bi models with my team. 

I admit that the reports under discussion are very data-heavy and the underlying DAX is similarly complex.
But I can't explain why:

1. These reports have worked for more than a year and I have only been experiencing these problems for a few weeks, which I know are also encountered by other users -> 

This visual has exceeded the available resources. - Microsoft Power BI Community

2. The same reports are published in different workspaces and related apps whose dataset and app update is scheduled at the same time. The report error does not appear in both workspaces but only in one. I want to clarify that the reports published between the two workspaces are exactly identical (dataset, DAX, etc.) and the workspaces also have the same characteristics.

3. The same problem also emerges in other reports (unrelated to the one before) which have a much smaller amount of data and the complexity of the DAX is just as simple.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your support!