Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Conditional Page Navigation

I am unable to select my "SelectedPage" measure (or any Measure for that matter) as my Conditional Field value in the old Format Pane where conditional page navigation was allowed.

I do not want to use the new Page Navigator.

Was this functionality broken or discontinued when the new Page Navigator feature was added?

rsbin_0-1644356234855.png

Thank you and Kind Regards,

Hi @rsbin 

I’ve tested according per your description. As you can see I can choose the Measure to configure Page Navigation.

vcazhengmsft_0-1644375520559.png

May I know the version of your Power BI Desktop(Help>About>version info)? Also, are you using Power BI Desktop or Power BI Desktop for Report Server? If you couldn’t identify the cause of this issue, could you please provide a link of a sample pbix containing this problem so I can do further investigation on my side?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @rsbin 

I’ve tested according per your description. As you can see I can choose the Measure to configure Page Navigation.

vcazhengmsft_0-1644375520559.png

May I know the version of your Power BI Desktop(Help>About>version info)? Also, are you using Power BI Desktop or Power BI Desktop for Report Server? If you couldn’t identify the cause of this issue, could you please provide a link of a sample pbix containing this problem so I can do further investigation on my side?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

rsbin
Super User

@v-cazheng-msft  ,

Thank you for the reply. 

I am on the following version:

Version: 2.100.1401.0 64-bit (December 2021)

This appears to be the latest version when compared to the PBI download site.

After further testing, I find the conditional page navigation works with your typical import model.

For some reason however, I cannot use it with a Live Connection.  If I turn it into Mixed Mode, it works.

But I have several other Live Connection models working - so curious as to why it won't work this time.

I have another thread on this:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Conditional-Page-Navigation-SelectedPage-Measure-is-greyed-...

Was going to try rolling back to a previous version to see if it works, but if you can test with a Live Connection, am curious as to what you find.

felipe_pinto
Helper I

Hello guys,

I'm having the same problem, I can not select the measure I've created when I try to use the function option in page navigation.

Does anyone know what kind of problem is it?

Regards.

rodrigorangel02

I'm having the same problem only in one BI file that I'm using. I've teste in other ones and it worked, but in this specific one is not working.

rodrigorangel02_0-1687201938401.png

I'm not able to select the coulumn "Country" in my condition.

@v-cazheng-msft cand you help me?

hiboshidas

@rodrigorangel02hey man, I'm having the same problem as you. Did you discover any solution?