Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Conditional Formatting loses formatting after data export

In Matrix chart, a column has conditional formatting with values >90 as green, between 70 and 90 yellow color and less than 70 as red color. One the user export data from the matrix chart, the column loses its conditional formatting. 

1.PNG2.png3.pngBeforeExport.pngAfterExport.png

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @kmshaju,

Export data only exports data currently. For your requirement, please vote and comment on this similar idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/15164733-allow-table-and-matrix-d....

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - this is not a feature request.  This is a bug.

The same thing happens to me.  My matrix has conditional formatting applied.  If I export data to CSV, of course I don't expect any formatting to appear in the CSV.  However, through the process of exporting it, the conditional formatting is lost from the matrix on PowerBI. 

To be clear, I am not expecting an exported file containing conditional formatting (thought that would be nice).  What we need is for the conditional formatting to not disappear in PowerBI after an export.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all,

The same issue has been already reported before internally: CRI 58528485. I already sent a email to consult if any update about this issue, will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all,

It’s planned for desktop July version. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interestingly, the issue already seems to be fixed in Power BI Service.  🙂

kmshaju

Yes. Looks like the issue has been fixed. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, but only fixed in the Service.  The issue remains in Desktop.

Regards, David.