Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Cannot pin some of the visuals to dashboard, but others can be pinned

In one report page, some of the visuals can be pinned to dashboard, but some of the visual cannot be pinned to dashboard. How to fix the issue?

The report is in Platform_Telemetry - Power BI

Hi @Selina214m , @quizhyo , @Juerg , @Dane , @kanade_swapnil ,

This is indeed a known issue and there is an associated ICM, Id is 343425533I'll be back with an update if there's any progress .

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Comments
APavlovs
Resolver II

There are 2 data filtering methods which also reflect in visual interactions Filtering and Highlighting. So if a visual uses filtering as their main data filtering capability the visuals can not be pinned per original dashboard design.

Hopefully this gets changed, but for now there is no fix, the only workaround would be to create s separate page with the visual and pin the whole page rather than the visual. Not ideal but that`s the only workaround i`ve found.

Hope this helps.

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Selina214m ,

please check the following limitations:

vmengzhumsft_0-1666769837293.png

Pin a tile to a Power BI dashboard from a report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

Selina214m
Employee

No filter visuals also cannot be pinned, please check the visual in Telemetry - Power BI

And the same visual can be pinned one week ago, but cannot be pinned this week. Not sure if there is any updates on pin function recently?

Juerg
Regular Visitor

@v-mengzhu-msft I face the same issue. I noticed it only applies to visuals of the type "Matrix" and only if there is conditional formatting involved. 

A couple of weeks ago it all worked fine. But now I've been asked to update a dashboard and cant pin the tile anymore. When you click he "pin to dashboard" icon, nothing happens...

Thanks for looking into this issue

Kind Regards

Jürg

kanade_swapnil

Hi , 

I am getting this issue on graph visualizations with filters.  @v-mengzhu-msft , is there any workaround for this issue ? Pin entire page is not helpful to me.

Thanks,

Swapnil

Dane
Helper I

I am having the same issue, I have a support ticket open with them. I am able to pin tables, matrices, and data cards, but any kind of chart does not work. 

Juerg
Regular Visitor

Hi @Dane ,

I've raised a support ticket too. I will post if I get a resolution.

quizhyo
Helper I

Hi all,

I have the same issue, 

I have 3 reports with the same format for 3 sections. Three charts have been pinned. 

But this week, when I want to modify the chart. One chart can not be pinned anymore. 

The other in normal.....

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @Selina214m , @quizhyo , @Juerg , @Dane , @kanade_swapnil ,

This is indeed a known issue and there is an associated ICM, Id is 343425533I'll be back with an update if there's any progress .

Best regards,

Dikaios_Stathis
Regular Visitor

Hi all,

I had the same issue but i manage to deal with it temporarily. 

Follow the funnel below :

Edit Report -> Visualization ->Format your Visual (Disable everything) 

Dikaios_Stathis_0-1667934864566.png

then go to general and do the same apart from header icon -> pin 

Dikaios_Stathis_2-1667935504574.png

then save. 

Now you can pin your tile to dashboard.

Last but not least, edit again the report reactivate all the buttons mentioned above you disabled and then save.

Pin again the tile and you are ready!!!!! 

This works for me 

Note : This issue is still to be solved.

Best Regards!!

Stathis