Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bullet Chart by Microsoft - Axis Bug

Hi,

the Custom Visual Bullet Chart by Microsoft does not always provide the correct values for the x-axis, resulting in misinterpretation. 

Below you can see the x-axis values chaning randomly whereas everything else like the bar, the colors and the target value are being displayed correctly.

Bullet-Chart.gif

Would be nice if this issue can be fixed. Would even be nicer if the scaling can be customized.

Hi @MKolde ,

It is a bug in the visual and will be added a task to fix it . Please wait patiently for this bug to be fixed.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Comments
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support

Hi @MKolde ,

I also created a visual chart using bullet chart, but I can't pull it like what you show in your picture, how did you do it?

vmengzhumsft_0-1662025979751.png

As shown in the image, I could not do the left and right pull.

Can you provide a video or a screenshot of how you did it?

Best regards,

Community Support Team   Selina zhu

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

ask for his detailed steps

MKolde
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-mengzhu-msft,

looked deeper into it and it seems to be an issue because of the Minimum(%) displayed when formating the visual.

The visual doesn't even needs to be rescaled to find the bug, the problem also occurs when few data is beeing selected.

I've created a simple table with 5 rows for test purposes. The result is shown in the gif below.

Detailed.gif

Works like a charm when no minimum value is provided. But doesn't work correctly if it is. It's a little bit odd.

Kind regards

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support

Hi @MKolde ,

I do the same test:

At this time, I didn't set minimum and this visual displays right:

vmengzhumsft_1-1662370959134.png

if I choose several index, the result still appear right

vmengzhumsft_2-1662371042478.png

but in other situation, for example, I only choose one index, its value seem to be wrong. Add minimmum also leads to the same wrong value

vmengzhumsft_3-1662371167027.png

I actually suspect that the design of this custom visualization is the cause of this, but I'm not sure because I haven't cleared the meaning of each value of this visualization, maybe you can tell me if you know?

Best regards,

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

same result and need more information

MKolde
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-mengzhu-msft,

I actually suspect that the design of this custom visualization is the cause of this, but I'm not sure because I haven't cleared the meaning of each value of this visualization, maybe you can tell me if you know?

I don't really know what you mean by figuring out the meaning of the visualization. All I can say is this:

The black vertical line shows the target value, in this case 2. The vertical bar represents the value, in this case 1. The percentages in "visualization pane" -> "format visual" -> "data values" represents different intervals, referencing the target value.

eg.: Value is 5, Target value is 10 in bullet-chart:

This is the expected behaviour:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-07 um 13.32.34.png

But there is yet another issue with this visual. It shows duplicate x-axis-values, when minimum value is provided.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-07 um 13.01.08.png

Best regards

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support

@MKolde ,

In order to further confirm the existence of this problem, I need to confirm some problems before doing the test.

Have you  ever used this custom visual? Is it always have this issue?

Are you having problems in desktop or service ? What is the version?

Thank you for your patience~

Best regards,

MKolde
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-mengzhu-msft,

I'm using this visual in an productive environment, resulting in confunsion and misunderstanding of KPIs. The issue appears when using "Minimum %" in "Format Visual" or low amount of digits on x-axis.

Works neither in desktop version nor in service.

Desktop Version: 2.109.782.0 64-bit (September 2022)

Bullet Chart Version: 2.2.0.0

Low Amount of digits on x-axisLow Amount of digits on x-axis

Adding Minimum in "Format Visual"Adding Minimum in "Format Visual"

Hope this issue can be fixed soon!

Kind regards

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @MKolde ,

I have submitted your issue to ICM , the ID is 336960077 . I'll be back with an update if there's any progress .

Best regards,

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @MKolde ,

It is a bug in the visual and will be added a task to fix it . Please wait patiently for this bug to be fixed.

Best regards,