Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bug: Duplicate identical rows in matrix

My Power BI report shows duplicate identiacal rows in a matrix. This happens when expanding rows using the +/- buttons or drilldown button. It only happens in Power BI service and not in Power BI Desktop. I have tried re-publishing the report, refreshing the page and refreshing all viasuals, but nothing seems to fix the problem. 

elzem1_0-1663575203122.png

Hi @elzem1,

May I know whether this issue still exists? Could you please provide a download link of a sample pbix file contains this issue and let me know the version number of your Power BI service?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
Gabriel_Walkman
Continued Contributor

Exact same problem here. Started maybe two weeks ago with all my published reports. I am going to create a support ticket for it. No problem in the desktop, only in service.

If I open any row to level 3, the rows on level 2 will duplicate as many times as there were original rows on that level. So if a level 2 should have 9 subrows, it will display 81 rows with this bug.

I did create a very simple test matrix with four levels, but couldn't replicate the problem with that in service.

Edit: oh there's some investigation going on at (fixed link) https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Sorting-bug-in-Power-BI-Service-different-result-than-in-des...

So this has something to do with sorting.

elzem1
Regular Visitor

@Gabriel_Walkman Could you keep me posted on the support ticket you created?

The link you refer to for investigations directs me to this thread, maybe you copied the wrong one?

How does sorting affect the rows that are shown when expanding the matrix?

PS. My duplicate rows also only show up at level 4. 

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @elzem1,

May I know whether this issue still exists? Could you please provide a download link of a sample pbix file contains this issue and let me know the version number of your Power BI service?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

elzem1
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-cazheng-msft,

The issue still exists. But I don't think I am allowed to share my pbix with you, since the report contains some sensitive information. I can share some screenshots of the pbix file if that helps? Or do I need to try to replicate it in a pbix which I can share with you?

The service version I am working in is 13.0.19087.45. And the Power BI Desktop version is 2.109.642.0 64-bit (september 2022).

JustinKB

I am experiencing the same problem, Report is fine in the Desktop App but duplicates data when drilling down on a matrix when viewing through the Power Bi Service (when no duplicates exist) 

I can download the report and open in the desktop - No issues/Duplicates (same data)

I have tried to open a support ticket - without sucess so far as I am unable to populate how severe the issue is so will not create a ticket!

Gabriel_Walkman
Continued Contributor

@elzem1, @v-cazheng-msft sorry for the wrong link, fixed it.

I did not create a separate ticket when I found this: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Sorting-bug-in-Power-BI-Service-different-result-than-in-des...

elzem1
Regular Visitor

@Gabriel_Walkman Thank you for the link.

I changed the sorting to the column with the row headers instead of the values (Aantal). Now the rows do not duplicate when expanding. 

For now I do not have to do any more research the fix this issue, since this work-around helped me. The sorting on the value was not necessary in this report and I checked all other reports in service and this was the only report with this problem. I hope this problem will be fixed and will not appear in any new (or old) reports. 

Gabriel_Walkman
Continued Contributor

It seems this was fixed, thanks!