Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bug: Date Hierarchy

Hi team,

I am using PBI Desktop March 2023 version. There is a bug RE date field/hierachy: (screenshot below) when switching from date to hierarchy, the visual doesn't update accordingly, it happens 50% of time when using a simple bar chart + date table. This was a recent bug. Please fix asap. 

Thanks,

Capture.JPG

Hi @QC 

I created a simple sample with same version for you to refer to .

My original data :

vyetao1msft_0-1680243537771.png

Then I add a clustered column chart with these data . In my test, when I switch the date to the hierarchy, it is possible to display to day. Here are the steps I took to do this.

Recording 2023-03-31 at 14.19.52.gif

Is my operation consistent with yours? If there is anything different, you can provide it to me to use for testing.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @QC 

I created a simple sample with same version for you to refer to .

My original data :

vyetao1msft_0-1680243537771.png

Then I add a clustered column chart with these data . In my test, when I switch the date to the hierarchy, it is possible to display to day. Here are the steps I took to do this.

Recording 2023-03-31 at 14.19.52.gif

Is my operation consistent with yours? If there is anything different, you can provide it to me to use for testing.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

QC
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Hi team, 

Yes the steps are the same. As mentioned in my OP, it happens 50% of the time (that switching to hierarchty doesn't work). Sometimes it is worse: it switches correctly on screen, but when I save/close & reopen, or publish it to website, it'd show up wrong.

PBI Desktop version prior to February 2023 didn't have this issue. I am only starting to see it with 2 recent versions (Feb, Mar 2023). 

Thanks!