Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

'Bookmark Navigator' issue when PowerBI Service 'Reset to default' used

Bookmark Navigator issue when using the PBI service 'Reset to default'   

Picture1.png

What appears to happen:

• First bookmark in the list it works

• With middle bookmarks it selects the next bookmark in the list but doesn't apply the bookmark 

- hence shows the wrong data associated to the bookmark that appears to be selected (or in my case it is on a different page)

• Last bookmark it selects the second bookmark in the list but doesn't apply the bookmark

- hence shows the wrong data associated to the bookmark that appears to be selected (or in my case it is on a different page)

So in summary with 5 bookmarks 

Bookmark selected by user from listBookmark displayed as after 'reset to default'

Bookmark data (page) being shown after 'reset to default'

This reads similar to what is on: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Bookmark-Navigator-Bug/idi-p/2473116

With someone still wasn't working last month

Fix for this issue will be delivered within a couple of months.

Comments
lasersharks
Kudo Collector

That was me who raised the previous issue. I raised a ticket and was told a fix would be delivered within a couple of months. Hopefully, it will be fixed next release.

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Fix for this issue will be delivered within a couple of months.

chriswil
Frequent Visitor

'Delivered' suggests it is fixed in the service which is somewhat misleading.

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @chriswil,

According to the policy, once there is a solution or there will be a fix on the issue. Then, we need to change the status on it. Please be patient for the fix. Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

npnigro
Advocate III

Any update on this? Our customer is flagging this because it makes for a very difficult user experience when you include a "reset" button on your dashboard. 

lasersharks
Kudo Collector

MS Support told me that this will be delivered in the October release.

npnigro
Advocate III

Thanks for the update! 

npnigro
Advocate III

We're still seeing this issue. Anyone know the new timeline here?

lasersharks
Kudo Collector

I got an update from support saying it is more complicated and they can no longer provide a timeline for a fix :(. All I can suggest is you report it yourselves so they know how many people it is affecting.

npnigro
Advocate III

We did report this several months ago, unfortunately.