Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Not able to delete gateway in power bi portal

Hi,

Please help me deleting gateway i am getting below error while doing remove action on gateway please help

Gateway erorr.JPG

Please open your personal gateway application to check that whether you have signed in your personal gateway with the current account.

As far as my test, if have not signed in the personal gateway, when deleteing it in Power BI Service, it would show the error:

vyingjl_0-1655863424173.png

vyingjl_1-1655863423970.png

After signing in, it can be deleted.

vyingjl_2-1655863424187.png

vyingjl_3-1655863423957.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

As the error message mentioned, please check that you networks status when you are trying to removing gatewats from Power BI Service.

You can also refer this thread which uses Power Shell to remove gateway clusters:

Unable to Delete Gateways 

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

but network is fine still getting this error and i dont know how this gateway is created in personal mode i didn't setup it. its look like some ghost gateway, please help how to remove it

mario_galindo
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue any update?

Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 16.27.11.png

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test. Whether you can find you gateway in the gateway pages and check its status both turn on/off tenant administration button.

vyingjl_0-1655777452320.png

If you are not the tenant administrator, you can try to contact you admin to remove your gateway via trun on Tenant administrator button.

Best Regards,

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Please open your personal gateway application to check that whether you have signed in your personal gateway with the current account.

As far as my test, if have not signed in the personal gateway, when deleteing it in Power BI Service, it would show the error:

vyingjl_0-1655863424173.png

vyingjl_1-1655863423970.png

After signing in, it can be deleted.

vyingjl_2-1655863424187.png

vyingjl_3-1655863423957.png

Best Regards,