Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

BUG: Date format has changed to US format in all reports and for all users (Power BI Service)

New BUG:  The date format in all reports on Power BI Service for all users has changed to US format over the weekend, without any of us changing anything.

This issue has been identified all over the world in Germany, Brazil, Russia, Finland, New Zealand etc. as per this new community post:  Re: Different regional configuration Power BI DAft... - Microsoft Power BI Community

DataRainer_0-1681680128259.jpeg

We have checked our browser & PC language & regional settings but have not found a cause, nor a fix.

We have not changed any of those settings over the weekend.

Could you please urgently help fixing this as it negatively impacts our external customer reporting?

Hi @Data-Rainer 

Issue is mitigated in all regions except CANADA central. ETA for Canada is 19th . Please refresh the browser and check the dataformat .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

The issue has been fixed in Germany region

mav17
Regular Visitor

Looking at one of my reports, this is still happening in Australia in my paginated reports.  Previously it was in dd/mm/yyyy (with appropriate browser settings).  Browser settings haven't chnaged and it's now in mm/dd/yyyy. 

@v-yetao1-msft  Can you confirm this is still an issue that's being fixed?

Thanks.

DivineShine
Regular Visitor

Still an issue in England as of 24th April

miquelmartorell
Advocate II

Here in Spain all works fine.

Kind regards.

we4get
Advocate I

In UK, problem was seen but resolved on fix.

However, this requires all user's browser settings to be set to language English (United Kingdom) and PBI language settings to 'default (browser language) 

bruinettej

Please add south Africa to this problem 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I raised a ticket and had a call with the help desk and a solution has now been found. Ensure that your PC settings are set to your country and then the Power BI Service language settings are set to 'Default (Browser Language)'. This has resolved the issue for me!

mav17
Regular Visitor

Unfortunately that hasn't resolved my issues.

My browser (Chrome) is already set to Australian 

Chrome Language Settings.jpg

Power BI Language is set to default

Power BI Language settings.jpg

And my paginated report is still showing the parameters as mm/dd/yyyy

Paginated Report.jpg

Hopefully we hear from someone soon as to how/when this will be fixed for good.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, changing the browser/language settings is a workaround not a fix. This behaviour needs to revert to its state before the April release.

mav17
Regular Visitor

Hi @Anonymous , out of curiosity have you got a Paginated Report with date parameters and are they fixed with this workaround?  For whatever reason my Paginated Report is still incorrect.