Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BUG: Changing tab order for groups does not stick

Version: 2.116.966.0 64-bit (April 2023)

When setting the Tab order on the Selection pane any changes to groups do not stick when navigating away from the tab order pane.

To recreate:

1. Change tab order and place a group of items anywhere
  2. Navigate back to Layer order
  3. Navigate back to Tab order and the group will move down the list
  4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 and each time the group moves down the list

Does not happen on a computer with a version from 2022.

Hi @danny_oneill ,

I wasn't able to reproduce the problem, would you mind providing a sample pbix file (not containing sensitive information)
As soon as it is acknowledged as an issue, we will send it back to the product team for a fix.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @danny_oneill ,

I wasn't able to reproduce the problem, would you mind providing a sample pbix file (not containing sensitive information)
As soon as it is acknowledged as an issue, we will send it back to the product team for a fix.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

alexddc24
Advocate II

I'm also experiencing this in the latest release: Version: 2.117.984.0 64-bit (May 2023)

My experience is that the tab order used the layer order, but when I went to make a change to the layer order, navigated away from it and back again, ALL the groups were ordered below the standalone elements.

sylwiasajdak
Frequent Visitor

I am also experiencing this issue. Power BI version: 2.118.1063.0 64-bit (June 2023)

The issue is that after setting the tab order, if you navigate to the 'Layer order' tab and then back to the 'Tab order', the tab order of any groups is changed to something else (this new order tends to be consistent and I suspect is related to the position on the page).

Given how important tab order is for accessibility, I would expect this issue to be prioritised.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having this same issue so it not yet fixed as of August 2023 (Version: 2.119.986.0 64-bit (July 2023)).
We (government) cannot publish our dashboards without correct tabbing for accessibility purposes so this is urgent from our perspective. 

This issue is happenng to me even without clicking on layer order. It looks like it is sticking but when I save and close and reopen the pbix, it has reverted to all groups at the bottom. 

I hope this can be fixed soon!  

elongvt
Regular Visitor

@v-xiaoyan-msft  Hi, I am also having this issue, using Version: 2.121.903.0 64-bit (September 2023). Grouped objects always go to the bottom of the tab order regardless of where you put them. I have a basic example to share but can't seem to attach it. Let me know how to share. 

sylwiasajdak
Frequent Visitor

@v-xiaoyan-msft 

I'm on the December 2023 version of Power BI now and the problem persists which is absolutely ludicrous!!!

To help move this along I have recorded a video demonstrating the issue precisely. Pay attention to the alt_information, alt_guidance and Filter Panel groups of elemens. And how their tab order changes when I switch between the Layer Order and Tab Order.

This is the link to the video: Tab order bug.mp4