Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

August 2020 version of PBI Desktop corrupts any PBIX report file that is saved

The August 2020 version of PBI Desktop 2.84.461.0 64-bit (August 2020), corrupts any PBIX that is saved using this version.  Once a PBIX is saved, it cannot be opened by this version or any previous version of the PBI Desktop.  It says the PBIX is corrupt.  Even when I had published to the Service using the August version, where the report is working fine; if I then download the report on the Service to a PBIX, that PBIX will not be able to be opened by any version of the PBI Desktop always indicating the report is corrupt.

I had to re-install the July version of the PBI Desktop to avoid this issue.

Comments
Patto
Helper II

Yep August 2020 version is buggered for me too.

Not only does it corrupt pbix files that then cant be opened, if I have one open and try to run a calculated table.... well lets just say I may as well turn off and go home because it just says "working" in an endless loop. Whereas, I can run the same calculated table in July 2020 version and its returns in about 5 seconds!

Come on Microsoft, this just isnt good enough!

@russfai  - any word from MS on this, there is a problem with August 2020 and its being rolled out auto-across the workplace.

jpablodibs

Could this be related to my issue?

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Issues-Publishing-Reports-and-Databases/m-p/1413206

I can't publish anything it takes aaaaaaages, and never ends.