Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

external link in Dashboard tile issue

I Found a problem with linking dashboard tiles (image type) to the other power bi report (which contains several tabs) existing in the same workspace. I created a custom links (external link type) providing url to a specific/dedicated tab from one and the same report. When other users try to reach specific tab by clicking linked dashboard tile - then instead of required report's page they are nawigated to the "default" tab (which is usually either first unhidden tab in the report or tab on which the reports was saved/published to Power bi Services). I also note that this only works for users who has admin roles in the workspace not just for the users with "read" permission.

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

I have tested on my side, I add a new user into one app workspace as "viewer" and set external link in Dashboard as below:

1.JPG

then use that user to click this image in dashboard, it goes to correct tab(Page3), the "default" tab for this report is page 1.

it works well, could you please share more repeat steps for it? and it will be a great help you could share a record video.

Regards,

Lin

Frequent Visitor

Hi, I'm having exactly the same issue when using an external link to redirect to the different pages of a report. 

As an admin I see it working correctly.

However, non-admin users are always redirected to the default report page (as it was saved when loaded).

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas on this topic.