Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

White screen on Power Query Settings

I'm having the issue of getting just white screen while editing the power query steps and it's happning with both Excel and Power BI in a random manner. I couldn't really understand why it's happening but it is causing a lot of rework and it's clearly a bug in Power Query interface.

If I'm lucky, sometimes I press "Esc" and close the white screen. Yet, this doesn't work all the time. Also, even if it goes for that step, it continues when I click to the settings of other steps as well until I close the power query window. You can see the screenshot below. (I've hidden the content part with black, please ignore the black areas)

I've searched but couldn't find a similar issue, so I'm posting here.

Power BI Desktop Version : Version: 2.123.742.0 64-bit (November 2023)

error_SS.png

Hi @burakdemirtas ,

I tried a number of actions including the picture display, clicking on the gear it would bring up a prompt box for that action, I think you may need to reinstall Power BI Desktop.vtianyichmsft_0-1701740517938.png

vtianyichmsft_1-1701740890087.png

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Scott Chang

Comments
v-tianyich-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @burakdemirtas ,

I tried a number of actions including the picture display, clicking on the gear it would bring up a prompt box for that action, I think you may need to reinstall Power BI Desktop.vtianyichmsft_0-1701740517938.png

vtianyichmsft_1-1701740890087.png

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Scott Chang

burakdemirtas
Regular Visitor

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the comment. However, as I mentioned, it's not only Power BI, it's also happening with Excel. So, it's a Power Query interface issue.

Also, it's very hard to replicate that error. %95 of the time I'm getting the promt box accurately. But sometimes, especially during a ciritical work, I get empty white box and I just have to close it somehow (with Esc when it works) or I need to kill the Excel or Power BI. No other work around...

I'm almost sure this is a bug. MS development team should know about that. I think sooner or later, MS will get this error from other users as well.

Let's see...

xix

I am also experiencing the exact same issue, after upgrading to windows 11. Hope this helps.