I am unable to get GitHub data from private repos in my organization. I am getting this error message:
Unable to connect
We encountered an error while trying to connect.
Details: “The GitHub owner/repository provided could not be found or you do not have sufficent [sic] access. Please check the values and try again.”
I have successfully connected GitHub to Power BI, and the GitHub organization owner has approved my request to allow PBI to access private organization data (see screenshots below).
Steps to reproduce:
1. I opened Power BI Desktop and clicked get data
2. On my first time using the GitHub connector in Power BI I was prompted to login with GitHub to authorize GitHub with Power BI. On that same screen I had the option to request access to any organizations I have on my GitHub profile. I clicked "Request" on my organization which resulted in the prompt shown in the screenshot below
After requesting access to my org I clicked the green "Authorize Power BI" button.
3. I waited until access was granted by the GitHub organization owner. Then I double checked my github settings to be 100% sure:
4. Next step is to fill in organization and repo name. (You are normally taken directly to this step after completing step 1 if your GitHub is already authenticated with Power BI). Here is an example of how to do it with a public repo:
By the way, public repos work fine for me to import into Power BI. I'm only facing the problem for organizational private repos.
5. Then the error message appears.
How do I fix this problem? Any help is super appreciated, thanks 🙂