Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Top N filter lost when adding a PBI report page to PowerPoint

When I add a PBI report page with some visuals that have top N filters - working properly in Deskotp and Report Server- into PowerPoint, the filter is lost and all data is shown, not just the top N.

Hi @AndreaLorenzo ,

Please check that you have not checked the default value here.

vcaitlynmstf_2-1678935009789.png

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @AndreaLorenzo ,

Please check that you have not checked the default value here.

vcaitlynmstf_2-1678935009789.png

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

AndreaLorenzo
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-caitlyn-mstf,

I'm not exporting via Export menu. I have a PowerPoint slide and then I add a PowerBI object.  Captura.JPG

I copy my PBI app URL and then paste in the designated field. 

By doing that, top N filters are lost, as I mentioned.

Thank you

John_Bungelaar

If you copy the Power BI URL from the address bar in the browser and then paste that URL using PowerPoint's Insert Power BI option, you start with all filters reset (even the locked filters). I ran into the same and found a solution, I think: from the Power BI in the browser you should select Export, PowerPoint, Embed Live Data, then in the window that opens, make sure to tick "Embed report with the data filters you selected", and copy the URL using the report page link button. If you then paste that URL using PowerPoint's Insert Power BI menu option, all looks great and all my (locked) Power BI filters are applied as the original Power BI has...