Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Test as role not appearing

Hi,

any ideas why test as role not appearing in Role -level security. In fact role restrictions are working, but after selecting "test as role" it's now no appearing a possibility to select the user and check his/her access. Was it dissabled globally?

Comments
andymc123
Advocate III

I am having this issue as well.  I am in the US Central time zone.  Glad I am not alone, but also sucks that this happened today.  I was just attempting to show my boss how cool this would be and how it would work...then nothing.  Same as others have described.  Find dataset > Security > Test as role.  No blue banner like I should see allowing me to test as role.

Wayfarer
Helper I

I've noticed the same.  Clicking "Test as role" just goes to the report as if you were opening it as usual.

FYI: I'm using Chrome.  Version 80.0.3987.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Please keep an eye on the status of this issue in Support site: 

q5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

CamTheBIGuy
Regular Visitor

It is now working for me.

andymc123
Advocate III

working intermittently for me today. the banner is back, and I can test as 1 role, but then if I try to test as another role it won't allow me to switch.  I need to go back to the dataset and start over.  Better, but I certainly wouldn't consider it fixed just yet.  Hopefully it will be fully fixed by 3/2/2020 as the Awareness message states.

wilx
Advocate I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

I have the same problem.  Not able to select user to test as role.

Need this fixed.

CamTheBIGuy
Regular Visitor

It started back working....now it's the day after the day they said it will be fixed it isn't 😞